Sustainability + Philanthropy
The Queen of Quartz cares about the earth, and we know that our customers do too. As a business that ships globally from Sydney, we are focused on reducing our environmental impact and are constantly looking for ways to further reduce our impact.
Things we are doing:
- regular carbon offsets purchased
- we use carbon neutral shipping methods
- our internet is carbon neutral
- compliance with the German Packaging Act
- we have a rainwater tank
- 75% of our energy is from solar
- Ecologi- We are supporting responsible tree planting, by planting 3 trees for every order that is placed. These trees are being planted in the mangroves of Madagascar. See our progress here: https://ecologi.com/thequeenofquartz
Here is a breakdown of the materials we use to ship your products. Packaging may vary depending on what you have purchased, but is will contain materials from the list below:
- Satchels- Made of corn starch and are completely biodegradable and compostable.
- Shipping boxes- 100% recyclable cardboard. We repurpose boxes as well as we do not believe that boxes should be single use.
- Tissue paper- 100% recyclable.
- Paper honeycomb wrap- 100% recyclable.
- Paper tape and labels- 100% recyclable.
- Air cushions and plastic bubble wrap- these are repurposed and can be recycled using a soft plastic recycling service-
Additonally, we are donating a portion of every sale to the following charities:
|POWH is a major teaching hospital and tertiary referral centre, providing excellent healthcare to south eastern Sydney and specialist health and medical services to NSW. They provided livesaving treatment for Katie's father, Lee, something that we will be forever grateful for.|
|The National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) is Australia’s leading national body funding game-changing breast cancer research with money raised entirely by the Australian public. Their mission is to stop deaths from breast cancer.|
|RSPCA Australia works to influence animal welfare policy, practice and legislation across the country. RSPCA member Societies care for animals across Australia, by rehoming neglected and unwanted animals through their shelters and by educating the community about responsible pet ownership.|